This policy governs your access to and use of WHATASTEP.COM, including any content, functionality, and services offered on this website. Please read the entire policy before you use or interact with this website. By using this website, you accept and agree to the policy outlined on this page.
1. Users Located in the European Union
Collection of Personal Data
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. We collect personal data from you in the following ways:
- Email Opt-Ins for the FULL QUIZ: Your email address.
- Transaction: Your name, email address, billing information and payment source.
- Submitting Questions Through Comment Boxes or Contact Forms: Your name, email address, and question information.
Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
The information above is collected for the following purposes:
- Email Opt-Ins for FULL QUIZ: To provide you with information on the topic in general and information about our paid products.
- Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
- Submitting Questions Through Comment Boxes and Contact Forms: To answer any questions you may have for us.
Legal Basis for the Collection and Processing of Information
For any communications that you have consented to receive, you can change or remove your consent at any time by contacting WHATASTE.COM through the Contact Page or clicking the“unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of every email to opt out of future emails.
Legal basis for how we collect information:
- Email Opt-Ins for the FULL QUIZ: You will be asked for consent first.
- Transaction: Your information is collected as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Submitting Questions Through Comment Boxes or Contact Form: We need your data to provide you with the information that you requested from us and your information will not be used for other purposes.
If you disagree or have any further questions regarding this legal basis, please use contact us through this Contact Form and we will stop processing your data on this legal basis.
Who Has Access to the Data that is Collected?
We have access to the data that we collect as well as third parties that help us process your personal data, including:
- Payment processors (to process your transactions and securely store your data)
- Email marketing and communication companies (to collect and send emails)
- Survey companies (to receive feedback from customers on courses)
- Product hosting platforms (to help you access the products that you purchase)
- Other website design, management, and programming services
The third parties above are prohibited from using, sharing or collecting your personal data for any purpose other than the reasons stated above.
We reserve the right to use these methods in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
Changing, removing, or requesting your data
We will retain any information you provide to us until you request us to delete your information, we decide to cease using our existing data providers, or we decide that your data is no longer needed.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you are granted the following rights:
- You have the right to be informed and this policy serves to inform you.
- You have the right to request access to your data that we store and the rights to rectify or erase that data.
- You have the right to request restrictions on the processing of your data and the right to object to the processing of your data.
- You have the right to the portability of your data.
- You also have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For any of the above requests, please contact us through this Contact Form with your request.
Transfer of collected data
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please be aware that the data we collect will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with any data, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your data in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen such as the European Union. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The data controller for the personal data that you provide or that is collected by whatastep.com, Ltd, Rua do Fontelo, Viseu 3500-033.
2. Users located in the Outside of the EU
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting this information is to better understand how visitors use and interact with our website.
We also collect information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blog and related websites. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that we use and disclose personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog or site where the comment was left.
Collection of personal information
Depending on how users are interacting with this website, some personal information must be collected. The amount and type of information that is collected depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who ask us a question through our comment form to provide their name and email address. This is so that we can respond to them and provide them with the information that was requested.
Purchase transactions require additional information, including other personal and financial information required to process the transactions. In each case, we only collect the necessary information required to complete the interaction. We do not disclose personal information other than as outlined below. Visitors may also refuse to supply their personal information at any time, although it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We may collect aggregated statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites, and we may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we do not disclose personal information other than as outlined below.
Protection of personal information
We disclose personal information only to our contractors and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at our websites, and that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using this website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell personal information to anyone.
Other than to our contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose personal information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our company, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of this website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with our company.
If you send us communications via email, through our website, or via social media platforms, we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
In the case of pixels, we may use them to tailor advertising messages users see when visiting social media websites. We reserve the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
If we choose to sell this website and all of its assets or they are acquired by another in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information is considered one of the assets that will be transferred or acquired by a third party. By using this website, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of this website may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
For any other questions, comments, or concerns, please use this Contact Form.